May 16, 2013

3. Describe your relationship with your spouse.

I absolutely love Jon with all of my heart. I can honestly say that he is my better half, and I can't imagine life without him. Our relationship is wonderful, I get to spend everyday with my best friend by my side...what can be better than that?

Our relationship is silly, selfless, happy, romantic, Christ-centered, honest, happy, playful, serious, friendly, and many many other characteristics.

When I first met Jon, right away I noticed how happy he was and how fun he was to be around. I remember seeing him for the first time at a game night and instantly I knew that I had to get to know him and that I wanted to date him. He got my number that night and ever since then I have been so incredibly happy. 
Jon is a really silly guy, he can make anyone laugh and he is so good at making people feel comfortable. (he is definitely my other half because I am quiet and am probably not the best at making people feel comfortable...I try!) Now that we are married though, I feel like we are always laughing and I love it. 
I always try to come up with different things I can do for Jon to let him know that I care about him (especially during those times when we are both in school and hardly ever see each other!) and Jon is always doing different things to make me happy, there is never a doubt in my mind that Jon truly cares about me.
From day one of being Mr. and Mrs. Wilkey we have made sure to pray and read scriptures together every day. I think it has definitely made a difference in our relationship and in our home. When we do pray and read together, I feel like there is a different kind of peace in our home and in us as we go about our days. I think it is essential to include our Heavenly Father in everything, because of him I know that Jon and I will be together throughout all eternity!
I feel like I could go on and on about my lovely relationship with Jon, but that would be one LONG post! So here are some of my favorite pictures with my handsome hubs. I am so thankful and lucky to have such a wonderful husband, I love being his wife and love experiencing every moment of this life with him.     

One of our first date at the corn maze!

Four Wheeling in the Uintas
Wedding day...the best day of my life.
About a year after we got married. Gah - I LOVE HIM!



2 comments:

  1. You guys... are ADORABLE. So happy to hear you're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erika! It seems like you are doing well too...a new grown up job and all!! Can't believe how fast time flies by. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete