March 7, 2017

Lately

- Right now we are transitioning Hudson off of breastmilk. When he turned one I was still feeding him about 6 times a day. He loves breastfeeding! But I always said I would stop when my kids started pulling up my shirt or when they started to pull my shirt down - haha I think we have hit that point. Hudson is a smart little guy. So a week ago I started weaning him off. I didn't really want to just go cold turkey + stop all together (for his sake + mine!) so I just started by taking one feeding out at a time in three day increments. We are down to three feedings now + we might stay like this for another week or two - at this point I am just focusing on Hudson + am trying to think about what would be best for him as I stop feeding him. I think the last three feedings will definitely be the hardest! Wish us luck!



- Jon + I are trying so hard to be healthier + to work out more. The food part is always so hard for me. Especially as a stay at home mom - I am constantly wanting to snack on something! I need some ideas of snack foods that will fill me up + are healthy! I will have an apple with peanut butter just about every day + that seems to fill me up for a little while. I also really like this smoothie that my sister in law told me about - it is super simple + tasty! It's 1-2 cups almond milk, 1 frozen banana, + 1-2 TB PB fit powder. It's way good + sometimes I will add in a little bit of Jon's Chocolate Whey Protein powder when I'm craving chocolate. But really those two things are all I've got right now....help this snack queen out! What do you eat for snacks?
As for working out...I used to run a lot + loved that + I still do run a mile or so whenever I go to the gym but I don't really love it like I used to. Right now I am starting over the Kayla Itsines BBG workouts + they are kicking my butt - I am only on week 2 but geesh I am shaking by the time I am done with each workout! It's nice because it only takes about 30 minutes to complete the workout + it's set up as a three times a week routine with your own cardio on the other days. I really love working out + the way it makes me feel afterwards. I always feel so much happier when I'm healthy.

- Jon + I went on a date the other night + it was so nice to get away just the two of us for a little bit. We definitely need to do that more often! But we went out to dinner + then went to the movies + saw Lion. Oh my goodness was that movie good! We would both recommend seeing it for sure + if you do go, bring some tissues! I cried at least 5 different times throughout the movie + all the way home in the car!

- We are really hoping that it will start feeling more like Spring over here soon! I want to get out of the house with Hudson + take him to the park! I have also been thinking a lot about signing him up for swim lessons sometime soon because he loves the water so much! Any thoughts from mama's out there? Have any of your littles taken swim lessons?



Hope you're having a good start to your March!

No comments:

Post a Comment