January 4, 2016

Our Little Guy's Nursery

Baby Wilkey's room has easily become my favorite room in our apartment! Jon and I have loved putting it together and we are pretty proud of how everything turned out and the deals that we were able to find! I wanted his room to be pretty simple with neutral colors and we decided to go with a woodland creatures type of theme. The first thing we found for our nursery was our crib. It was on sale at Kmart for $100 so we couldn't pass up on the deal! It isn't my favorite crib but the price was hard to beat! The super cute bedding was made by my talented mom! I just love her and the bedding she made - so cute!

We got our rocking chair from KSL for $20. It was a dark brown color but Jon put in a lot of hours to get it looking the way it is now! We first thought it would look nice if it were a light gray color so we painted it gray. Once we were done painting it we hated it - so sweet Jon sanded the heck out of it and stained it. Now we love it and are never getting rid of it haha. My mom and I made the cute polka dot cushion.

The little night stand by the rocking chair we got at the DI for $4!!!! We just fixed it up a little with some stain and paint! The lamp we already had. :)


Next up is Baby Wilkey's huge teddy bear named George and a sweet little seat for our guy when he gets to be a bit bigger! My mom and dad found this cute chair at a yard sale and they fixed up for us and bought us the big teddy bear. My dad named him George and said that he is just saving the seat for our little dude when he is big enough to sit in it!



Jon found this cute toy chest at the DI for $6. We cleaned it out, primed it, and painted it gray. So cute! 
Above the toy chest, I got three spice racks from Ikea and stained them - now they are bookshelves! ($12)


I do plan to put something above the crib...but I am not too sure what it will be yet! Maybe a banner with baby boy's name on it?


Jon is super proud of this dresser - as he should be! We found it on KSL for $30. It was such a good deal because one of the big drawers was missing. I looked on Pinterest for ideas on how to fix it up so it didn't look so ghetto with a missing drawer and I found the idea to just take out another drawer and replace the space with baskets. We got the baskets at Thai Pan for $12 total. Jon and his sweet sister Jenny primed the dresser and painted it this gray color and then we got knobs from hobby lobby to finish it off. (knobs were about $10).




This three tiered fruit stand might just be my new favorite thing in our nursery. Jon's brother drew my name for Christmas and this is what I asked for. I am so happy with it! I found the idea on Pinterest and you can get these from Hobby Lobby!


The only thing our nursery is missing now is our sweet little boy. I cannot wait for him to get here!



No comments:

Post a Comment