October 26, 2016

Zzzzzzz

Sleep has become overrated in my life + that's ok...it's overrated but I definitely still love + crave a good nap or a good nights sleep! I remember in high school + even in college when I wasn't married I could sleep in until noon! Now sleep has become an inconsistent treat! 

When I was pregnant with little Hud, I had the hardest time with sleeping + it was rough! I felt like I couldn't get comfortable + when I did get comfortable I would have to get up to go to the bathroom so often during the night! But I was ok with it because I knew that being sleep deprived was so worth what was coming our way + I always told Jon that Heavenly Father was just prepping me for the nights ahead with Hudson.

Hudson has been a fairly good sleeper...although he still does not sleep through the night consistently. But you know that's alright. I love being with Hudson + I love seeing how happy he gets when he sees me! I have also come to terms with him waking up in the middle of the night because I know that he will eventually grow out of it + then I will wish that I could cuddle him in the middle of the night. 
I am definitely not perfect though - some nights I get frustrated + impatient - but I try to remind myself that Hudson is just a baby....a really cute baby :) 

Even when Hudson does sleep through the night, I find myself waking up + not being able to go back to sleep. It takes me probably 1-2 hours to go back to sleep. GAH! I've looked into different things that could help + here's a few that I have found helpful....

- Exercise - I am trying to be more consistent with this. I do know that I always sleep better at night when I do workout.

- Reading - but don't read on your phone or tablet. I feel like anytime I pick up my phone or look at a screen it just stimulates my eyes + brain...if that makes any sense at all?!

- Mind Mapping - click here for a helpful website to get you started! Most nights when I can't go back to sleep it's because I have all of these thoughts racing through my head so when I mind map it helps me take my thoughts + put them on paper + then I can rest easier!

- Hot Milk Drink (YuM!) (Here's the recipe) It's the Sleepy Time recipe! :)  


Hope you + me both have a good nights sleep tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment