July 19, 2013

Summer Lovin'

I know you are probably wondering what happened to the posts answering 7-30...well I have decided to put that on hold. 
(For a little while? For a while? For forever? Who knows! )

Anyways...Here are a few of my summer favorites this year...

1. The sock bun....

It has been so hot this summer! This hairstyle has been so wonderful for me because it is so easy to do, it keeps your head nice and cool, and it is super cute! Definitely my go-to summer hair-do!



2. Maxi skirts & just plain old skirts! Gotta love em... enough said!

3. Frozen yogurt, shaved ice, smoothies...anything cold and yummy!

I have seen so many different recipes on pinterest for green smoothies, but I honestly have not had the guts to make them! (I feel so silly now, but I kept getting this feeling that if the green smoothies didn't turn out good, that I wouldn't make or drink smoothies for awhile & that made the little smoothie lover in me hesitant!) But anyways, I was talking with Jon's sister Liz & she has been making green smoothies all summer & she loves them! So I got all the details from her, I then looked on pinterest for a recipe similar to how she makes hers, I got all of the ingredients,  & then I took a leap & made my first green smoothie & I LOVED it! (& so did the hubs!)
Here is how I make my yummy green smoothies....



1.5 cups of Silk Almond Milk
1 Handful of spinach
1 Tablespoon of ground flaxeed
2 Bananas (can substitute for other fruit)
1 teaspoon of sugar (probably a no-no, but it's just a teaspoon!)
- Put all of the ingredients in the blender & blend away! Then enjoy! Yum!

4. Craft days with Mom

I have been able to spend a lot of time with my mom this summer & I have loved every minute of it. My mom is seriously superwoman...she is the best! Whenever we get together we usually go to lunch, shop a little here & there, & do cute crafts. Days with my mom are the best, whenever the day ends, I am always thinking about how much fun we will have the next time we get together! Here are some of the cute things we have made...


We got the idea to make this from pinterest (of course!) I am so happy with how it turned out! My mom made one two, but she put LOVE in big letters across all of the wood. 

We could definitely use some pillow shams... :)
Sunburst Mirror (It cost only $3 to make! We got a mirror at hobby lobby for 3 bucks, a ton of free paint sticks from home depot, & some craft glue!)
 
I am just lovin' Summer & I hope you are too!
More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment