July 23, 2012

First Full Day of Vegetarian Meals!

First of all...to answer all questions...we are not becoming full fledge vegetarians.
We (mostly me) have decided to have one full day a week with no meat!
I decided this a little while ago, but we are finally getting around to it!
So here is what we have had today...



Breakfast: Honey Wheat Banana Pancakes with Apple Juice

Lunch: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches with an orange

Snacks: Chips with Guacamole (yum!)

Dinner: Tortilla and Black Bean Pie


They were all such simple meals and still very good and filling.
So all in all...it was a satisfying and successful first vegetarian day!

I am sure there are a lot of yummy vegan meals out there but are there any yummy meat-free meals I am missing out on that you are aware of?!

2 comments:

  1. You guys should try quinoa with curry! My aunt made it for me and Brooke the other week, it was so yummy! There were sweet potatoes and carrots and green beans to bulk up the curry. And the quinoa is full of protein to replace the meat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum, that sounds delicious! I have heard so many good things about quinoa! We will definitely have to give it a try! Thanks for the suggestion! :)

      Delete